Filing Period for State and County Offices Opens Next Month
Are you wanting to run for office? 2018 is going to be a good year for Democrats! The following positions are on the ballot this year in Jackson County: all State Representatives, State Senate in the 8th District, US Senate, State Auditor, County Executive, all County Legislators, all County Committeemen and Committeewomen plus local and municipal elections. The filing period opens for these races on February 27th. If you would like to learn more about how to run for office, email the Missouri Democrats at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you up to speed.
Big Plans Require Help from Everyone
Jackson County will play a major role in the future of Missouri politics in 2018 and beyond. We have several competitive State House and Senate districts in play this year, voter turnout for Senator Claire McCaskill and Auditor Nicole Galloway will be critical in our area, and we stand to be an example of a pending wave of Democrats reclaiming state-wide offices in 2020. To get there, our staff and committee members have developed bold plans and aggressive campaign strategies, but we need the funds to do it. Please consider making a recurring contribution to the Jackson County Democratic Committee HERE. Our money stays in the area and is always spent wisely with minimal overhead. Every bit counts!
Club Meetings and Events:
- Heartland Alliance for Progress: Monthly meeting January 22nd (tonight), 5:30pm at Californo's (4124 Pennsylvania KCMO). Guest speaker: Hon. Jeremy LaFaver, "Creating Prosperity Through Tax Fairness."
- United Eastern Democrats: Membership meeting January 24 at Courthouse Exchange (113 W Lexington on the Independence Square). Social Hour at 6pm, meeting at 7pm. Guest speaker will be Jackson County Legislator Crystal Williams.
- Missouri Democratic Party Candidate Training: February 3rd, 8:30-4:30pm at Stephens College, 6 North College Avenue, Columbia MO (Lela Raney Wood Hall Auditorium). Sessions will feature training in finance, communication, data and general campaign management. RSVP here: https://act.myngp.com/Forms/2366368216369137408
- Save the Date: Annual Wiggins Fund Event is scheduled for March 2nd, 5:30-8:00pm. Hosted by Plumbers and Gas Fitters Local 8 at 5950 Manchester Trafficway, KCMO. Special speaker to be announced.
- Keri Ingle for State Representative 2018 Kickoff: February 6 at Llywelyn's Put in Lee's Summit, 6-8pm. RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2002368253377370/
- Hillary Shields for State Senate 2018 Kickoff: February 21 at Llywelyn's Pub in Lee's Summit, 6-8pm. RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2011179252495023/
- Upcoming--voter registration training (will be scheduled for February)