MISSOURI’S DELEGATE SELECTION PROCESS
We highly recommend you attend the DELEGATE SELECTION TRAINING on March 12, 2016 from 1-3pm at IBEW Local 124, 301 E. 103rd Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64114. To RSVP for the training, please go to www.JacksonCountyDemocraticCommittee.org/DelegateTraining
Find out where to attend the 1st meeting in this process, the Mass Ward or Township meeting for Jackson County, on April 7th. Find that information and your location at - http://www.jacksoncountydemocraticcommittee.org/april-7th-mass-meeting-locations
The national Democratic Party will nominate its Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia July 25-28, 2016 . For more information, or to sign up for updates from the national Party, please visit https://convention.democrats.org or http://www.phldnc.com
The Missouri Democratic Party’s delegate selection plan can be found here. Information on how to become one of Missouri’s 84 delegates to the Democratic National convention can be found here. For questions, contact Missouri Democratic Party Affairs Director Jessica Sanders at 573-636-5241 or email@example.com or Jackson County Democrats Executive Director Lauren Gepford at 816-833-5232 or Lauren@JacksonCountyDemocraticCommittee.org
- 2016 MDP Delegate Selection Plan
- “How To Be A Delegate Handbook”
- Form MM — Mass Meeting form. Must be submitted to MDP Chair by March 31, 2016 at 5:00pm to qualify for the April 7, 2016 Mass Meeting, per the DNC requirement, refer to page 13 paragraph B in the MDP Selection plan to reference this guideline.
- Form F — Congressional District Level Meeting form. Must be submitted to MDP Chair by April 14, 2016 to qualify for the April 28, 2016 Congressional District Level Meeting.
- Form UP — PLEO Delegate form. Must be submitted to MDP Chair by May 1, 2016 by 5:00pm to qualify to be elected at the May 7, 2016 State Committee meeting.
- Form AL — At-Large Delegate form. This form must be submitted to MDP Chair by May 20, 2016 at 5:00pm to qualify for the State Convention.
All forms must be submitted to:
The Missouri Democratic Party Chair
Attn: Jessica Sanders, MDP Director of Party Affairs
208 Madison Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Fax: 573-634-8176 (Attn: Jessica Sanders)
To get updates on your local Mass Meeting (1st step in the process) for Delegate Selection, we highly encourage you to submit a copy of your form to:
The Jackson County Democratic Committee:
Attn: Lauren Gepford, Executive Director
308 W. Maple Ave., Ste. 101
Independence, MO 64050
A timeline of important dates in the selection process can be found below.